Congratulations, you’re pregnant!
Pregnancy is a special time in any woman’s life. It’s exciting as you see and feel your baby developing inside you, make plans for your baby’s arrival and dream about what your baby might be like as he or she grows up.
It can also be a tiring time and an emotional time, as your hormones ebb and flow. Especially if this is your first baby, you may be full of nervous anticipation, not quite sure what to expect as your due date approaches. Even if you’re already a mum, you know that every pregnancy and birth is different and perhaps you’re wanting an experience that will be better than last time.
Any mum-to-be wants what’s best for her and her baby. You’re probably already doing a lot to make sure you give your baby the best start in life by eating healthily and avoiding alcohol, cigarette smoke and other things you know might be harmful. You may be aware that not only your physical health, but also your state of mind and emotions during pregnancy affect your baby. If you’re stressed, tense or anxious, it’s just as important that you look after yourself for the sake of your baby, and so that you can enjoy this special time in your life.
If having a calm pregnancy and a natural birth is important to you, hypnotherapy can help.
In pregnancy, would you like to:
- Learn how to relax, so you can combat stress and rest your body
- Overcome any fears and anxieties you may have about your developing baby, labour and being a mother
- Deal with some of the discomforts pregnancy can bring, especially as you get bigger
During birth, would you like to:
- Remain calm and relaxed throughout labour
- Trust your body’s ability to give birth naturally
- Keep intrusive medical interventions to a minimum
- Avoid the risks and side-effects that pain-relief drugs can cause
- Give your baby a gentle, safe birth
Transforming Birth is a five-session hypnobirthing programme, carefully designed to achieve these outcomes for mums-to-be. You’ll learn so much more from the programme than just relaxation and breathing, important though those are. The programme complements NHS and NCT ante-natal classes and you will learn things that are not taught in other classes. The Transforming Birth programme will give you vital information and powerful techniques to:
- Maintain a positive and confident state of mind for pregnancy and birth
- Understand the role that stress and fear play in causing pain during childbirth and how you can minimise that
- Learn the essential role of hormones in the birthing process and what can prevent them working properly to give you a straightforward birth
- Allow your body and mind to produce natural pain relief
- Create the right environment for a calm birth – good for you, good for your baby
- Help your birthing partner support you confidently
Clinical research studies* have shown that the kind of techniques taught by the Transforming Birth hypnobirthing programme can:
- Significantly shorten labour (average of 4.5 hours, compared to the usual average of 12 hours)
- Reduce the need for pain-relieving drugs
- Cut down the need for forceps and ventouse deliveries
- Lower average Caesarean rates from 25% to 7%
- Make breast-feeding easier
- Reduce post-natal depression
*Research studies from the University of Wisconsin 1990, Aberdare District Maternity Unit 1993, Toronto Birth Centre 2001, University of Florida 2001, Adelaide Women’s & Children’s Hospital 2004
How the Transforming Birth hypnobirthing programme worked for Isabel
Click here to read about how the Transforming Birth programme helped to give one of my clients a calm and easy experience of giving birth after the traumatic birth of her first baby.
Low investment, priceless experience
The Transforming Birth programme currently runs as individual 90-minute sessions for mums-to-be and their partner. For a limited time, the price is only £60 per session.
For more information about the Transforming Birth hypnobirthing programme, contact Anne Williams.
Book a free, no obligation 30 minute phone consultation by contacting Anne:
tel: 0208 546 2122